Vision Sports Ireland and Cycling Ireland are delighted to announce the rollout of our recently developed Tandem Pilot Training Course with the aim of creating a National Register of qualified Tandem Pilot Volunteers. This workshop is supported by Bray Wheelers Cycling Club and will take place on Saturday November 19th. Suitable for competent cyclists who are members of Cycling Ireland and are interested in volunteering to be pilot,
What will we be looking for in a tandem pilot:
- Member of Cycling Ireland
- Have the fitness to safely complete the ride.
- Have sufficient personal cycling skills.
- Able to safely pilot a tandem bike.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Able to ride in accordance with the rules of the road.
- Attend the course in full.
The course will take place over two sessions and is supported by Bray Wheelers Cycling Club.
Online Theory workshop – Thursday November 17th at 7pm
Practical workshop – Saturday November 19th 11:00 – 14:00 – Bray Wheelers Club House
Should you register for the course, attending both days is mandatory.
When completing registration, participants must answer the following questions at checkout stage:
- I can comfortably cycle in a straight line with either hand off the handlebars?
- I am able to ride in a straight line whilst looking over either shoulder?
- I am comfortable cycling in close proximity to other riders?
- I am comfortable cycling on busy roads in close proximity to traffic?
- I am aware of the basic laws pertaining to cycling on the road?
- I have the fitness level to ride for approximately 60 km?