Wexford Vision Impaired Waking Programme to launch Saturday April 9th 2022.
Come along and explore the various accessible walking trails throughout your community!
The programme which is in collaboration between Vision Sports Ireland, NCBI, Wexford Co Council, Sports Active Wexford, Wexford Volunteer Centre and Get Ireland Walking aims to create walking opportunities for people who are blind and vision impaired, with the aim of establishing a monthly walking programme.
The walks will be led by a fully qualified Get Ireland Walking Leader and volunteers will be on hand to support and guide where necessary.
To register your interest please complete the expression of interest form. A schedule of the various walks and locations can be found below.
Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact Mary McGee, Community Resource Worker, NCBI on 086 0498428.
Wexford VI Walking Group – Schedule
- Saturday April 9th – Orchard Peace Park, Enniscorthy Town at 11am
- Saturday May 14th – Gorey Town Park at 11am
- Saturday June 11th – Min Ryan Park Wexford Town at 11am
- Saturday July 9th – River Walk New Ross Town at 11am
- Saturday August 13th – Kirwan’s Garden (Ballygillane Big, Rosslare Harbour) at 11am
- Saturday September 10th – Carrigfoyle at 11am